Homeowners Insurance

If you are like most Floridians, your most valuable possession is your home. When your home is damaged or destroyed you need an insurance agent that is on your side and can help you in time of need.

The Bunker can help you find the homeowners insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing.

It’s important to know that every home and every insurance policy is very different. Different insurance companies offer different endorsements, riders and have different limitations and exclusions. That’s why we are here to help you navigate thru the different options. Depending on if you own or rent your home, the insurance policy is different.

Important Homeowners Insurance Coverage

Dwelling (Coverage A): this portion of the policy covers the actual structure of the home. It protects your home against certain risks, or perils covered by your policy. Your dwelling limit is your home’s rebuild cost: how much it costs for a complete rebuild of your home at current construction and labor prices. This is typically the highest coverage limit in your policy.

Even if you live in a condo or a townhouse where the association covers the outside, you need dwelling coverage for the interior of your home. The structural items like your kitchen, partition walls, floors, bathrooms is your responsibility to insure.

Personal Property (Coverage C): this covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics and appliances. An easier way to understand what’s covered under this section of the home policy is anything that is not structurally attached to the dwelling. So if we could turn the home upside down, the contents that would fall are covered under here.

Personal Liability (Coverage E): Everybody knows that lawsuits and lawyers cost a lot of money, and being involved in a lawsuit could cost you everything. Personal liability can protect you if someone is injured on your property and they try to sue you. Most home policies include $300,00 of liability but if you feel you need more, you should purchase a Personal Umbrella Policy to layer your liability insurance.

Your home is unique and requires a certain type of insurance policy. Let The Bunker help you narrow down your options and pick the right policy to protect your most prized possession.

What is Home Insurance for?

Home insurance covers the hazards that most homeowners face—everything from fire to theft, a cracked foundation to accidents on your property. When a loss occurs, you will file a claim with your insurance carrier and you are paid for the expenses, minus any outstanding deductible amounts.

Insurance also covers personal liability exposures, to protect you from many situations that could lead to lawsuits from others.

For instance, if someone slips and falls in your home, or is injured somewhere on your property, you can be held responsible. Liability coverage is there to protect you.

You could also potentially need insurance to protect you from having to pay for:

  • Storm damage, fire, windstorm, lightning and hail, to name a few.
  • Dog bite liability (standard liability may not be enough if your dog bites someone or causes them to become injured, so consider your pets carefully)
  • Manufactured home coverage
  • Trampoline or swimming pool liability insurance
  • Wind damage
  • Sinkholes
  • Flood damage
  • Sewer or septic backups
  • Replacement cost for personal property
  • Umbrella liability insurance

When you see an independent insurance agent like us, you have the chance to explore all your options for insurance, and protect the things that are most important to you.

Little known facts about Homeowners Insurance

There are many things about insuring a home that most consumers aren’t aware of. We are here to make sure you avoid potential problem areas, including:

  • Most policies will not cover sewer back-up unless you purchase a special endorsement—it’s not expensive, but you won’t get it if you don’t ask for it
  • Damages caused by surface water or water that flows below the surface of the ground aren’t usually covered
  • A standard Homeowners policy typically does not include Flood Insurance
  • A standard homeowner policy only covers jewelry up to set limits if the loss results from one of the perils named on the policy
  • Many policies default to actual cash value, which means if you purchased a widescreen TV and home theater system for $1,000, it may now only be worth $450, so that's all you'll receive on the claim. Just like the dwelling limit mentioned above, replacement cost insurance pays out the total replacement value of your possessions, not their market value, in the event of a claim.
  • IMPORTANT: You can combine your Home and Auto policies (and others) for even more savings.

Why We're Different

You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for…

While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you.

There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy when it comes to your business.

We’re your neighbors. We protect businesses and people we know and care about, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.

Contact us and let the professionals at our company help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you are working hard to build.

Request a Quote

Thank you!